To see and do > The activities
Unmissable sites and activities
You can explore the Bouches du Rhône and the larger region of Provence in many ways.
Let the specialists of the region guide you to discover castles, villages, landscapes and traditions, through sporting, cultural and recreational fun activities.
- Hiking and biking
- Wine and olive tasting
- Cruises in the Calanques creeks
- Golf tournaments at Pont Royal
- Guided visits of cities such as Marseille or Aix en Provence, famous for its 100 fountains...
Also, enjoy all year round the many events organised in the region.
For more information, consult the Departmental Tourism Committee website: for more details
or the Tourist Office of Salon de Provence:
- In May: the European Museum Night. For more details: click here
- 1st weekend in June: The Bicycle Festival. For more details: click here
- 2nd weekend in June: Brass band Festival in the Salon de Provence town centre
- 3rd weekend in June: Classical Music Festival
- Last weekend in June: Historical re-enactment for 3 days in the streets of Salon de Provence
- End of July – Start of August: Music at Emperi. For more details: click here
- In August: Lyrical Art Festival. For more details: click here
- 1st Saturday in September: Shopkeepers’ sidewalk sale at Salon de Provence...